Marinated Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 lamb loin chops (3 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade and onion. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
2 lamb chops equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.