Marinated Italian Salad
This is a perfect salad for potlucks and other occasions year-round. In winter, the ingredients are available when many other vegetables aren’t in season…and in summer, it’s a worry-free picnic food since it doesn’t have a mayonnaise-based dressing.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower,
- mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts. In a small bowl,
- whisk salad dressing and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and
- toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes
- and olives; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 189 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.