Marinated Italian Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 189 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Marinated Italian Salad
"I made this several years ago for a school potluck. Loved it. The only thing I am doing this time when I make it is leave out the water chestnuts. I love them but not in this. I also used fat free Italian dressing. I did not blanch the cauliflower and broccoli. I think it might get kind of mushy if you did. I cut mine up a little bit finer than what they showed in the picture. I don't get to make this very often as I'm the only one at my house that will eat it so I have to wait till I'm going somewhere."
"I would cut the fat by using low-fat or fat free salad dressing. That would make this a healthier dish."
"You can kick it up a notch by using zesty italian salad dressing."