Marinated Italian Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 189 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Italian Salad
"I made this several years ago for a school potluck. Loved it. The only thing I am doing this time when I make it is leave out the water chestnuts. I love them but not in this. I also used fat free Italian dressing. I did not blanch the cauliflower and broccoli. I think it might get kind of mushy if you did. I cut mine up a little bit finer than what they showed in the picture. I don't get to make this very often as I'm the only one at my house that will eat it so I have to wait till I'm going somewhere."
"I would cut the fat by using low-fat or fat free salad dressing. That would make this a healthier dish."
"You can kick it up a notch by using zesty italian salad dressing."