This is a perfect salad for potlucks and other occasions year-round. In winter, the ingredients are available when many other vegetables aren’t in season…and in summer, it’s a worry-free picnic food since it doesn’t have a mayonnaise-based dressing.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Italian Salad in Country Extra January 2007, p51
Reviews for Marinated Italian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review