Marinated Italian Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Italian Salad(4)
Sort By :
ChristyLynn,just was my thinking also,but should th caul. and brocc. be blanched 1st to make for more tender eating??definetly a Christmas take to the dinner dish,add a red pepper cut up and there you go......Merry christmas to all,and for you who celebrate other, Merry other!!!
I would cut the fat by using low-fat or fat free salad dressing. That would make this a healthier dish.
You can kick it up a notch by using zesty italian salad dressing.
Iam certainly going to make this for Christmas dinner - the colours are seasonal, and it's so easy - I like things that can be prepared ahead of time at such a stressful time.
More Recipe Collections
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >