Marinated Italian Pasta Salad
When I have guests coming over or a busy day ahead, I like to make this salad because I prepare it the day before.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 block (4 ounces) provolone cheese, cubed
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and rinse in
- cold water.
- Place in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; add the salami,
- pepperoni, cheese, vegetables and olives. Add the salad dressing,
- oregano and pepper; seal and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.