When I have guests coming over or a busy day ahead, I like to make this salad because I prepare it the day before.
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 block (4 ounces) provolone cheese, cubed
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; add the salami, pepperoni, cheese, vegetables and olives. Add the salad dressing, oregano and pepper; seal and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Italian Pasta Salad in Country Extra May 2000, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Italian Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review