Marinated Iowa Beef Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- 1. Pierce meat generously with meat fork; turn meat and pierce again. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, salad dressing mix and meat tenderizer if desired. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning often.
- 2. Grill over medium heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 5 lean meats; also, 303 calories, 505 mg sodium, 36 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 37 gm protein, 15 gm fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.