Marinated Iowa Beef
I grew up eating Iowa beef. This tasty, mouthwatering recipe was one of my favorites as a child, and I've been making it for years as an adult!Shary Geidner, Clear Lake, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- Pierce meat generously with meat fork; turn meat and pierce again. In
- a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, salad
- dressing mix and meat tenderizer if desired. Add roast; seal bag and
- turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning often.
- Grill over medium heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 5 lean meats; also, 303 calories, 505 mg sodium, 36 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 37 gm protein, 15 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.