Marinated Herbed Tomato Salad
I make this pretty summer salad whenever I want to share two of my garden favorites—tomatoes and peppers—with family and friends! Try using all kinds of peppers from your garden to come up with a variety of color combinations and flavors.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 sweet peppers (combination green, red and yellow), sliced or chunked
- 1 sweet Spanish onion (white or red), sliced
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (use fresh if available)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (use fresh if available)
- Slice vegetables into glass serving bowl; add olives. Set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Pour over
- vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 298 calories, 27 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.