I make this pretty summer salad whenever I want to share two of my garden favorites—tomatoes and peppers—with family and friends! Try using all kinds of peppers from your garden to come up with a variety of color combinations and flavors.
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 sweet peppers (combination green, red and yellow), sliced or chunked
- 1 sweet Spanish onion (white or red), sliced
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (use fresh if available)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (use fresh if available)
- Slice vegetables into glass serving bowl; add olives. Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Herbed Tomato Salad in Country Woman July/August 1988, p29
Reviews for Marinated Herbed Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review