Marinated Ham Steaks Recipe
“A dear friend gave me this grilled ham recipe years ago, and I have won rave reviews from neighborhood friends at cookouts,” notes Judy Grimes of Brandon, Mississippi. “It’s an old standby.”
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 individual boneless fully cooked ham steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add ham steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, covered, over indirect medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Ham Steaks
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"Very good, everyone liked them."
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"These are simple and tasty!! I will definately make them again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC