“A dear friend gave me this grilled ham recipe years ago, and I have won rave reviews from neighborhood friends at cookouts,” notes Judy Grimes of Brandon, Mississippi. “It’s an old standby.”
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 individual boneless fully cooked ham steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add ham steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, covered, over indirect medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Ham Steaks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Ham Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review