In this downsized main dish, ham steaks are marinated in a tasty brown sugar mixture, then grilled to sizzling perfection. The recipe is shared by Maribeth Edwards of Follansbee, West Virginia.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (3/4 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add ham; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Grill ham, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Ham Steak in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p21
Reviews for Marinated Ham Steak for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I used orange juice in place of pineapple juice and it was delicious."