Marinated Grilled Vegetables
We camp out often in summer and do a lot of cooking over charcoal. These veggies go great with any grilled meat. Sometimes I also thread brown-and-serve rolls on skewers, brush with melted butter and cook them over the coals for 10-15 minutes. They get all crusty on the outside, yet stay soft in the center. It rounds out a super meal.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 6 small onions, halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash pepper
- 6 pattypan or sunburst squash
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and carrots in water for 10 minutes
- or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine oil and
- seasonings. Add the vegetables; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Place vegetables on a grill rack or thread
- vegetables alternately onto skewers. Cover and grill over medium
- heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Turn and baste with reserved
- marinade three times. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,