Marinated Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 15 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 212 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.