- 1 boneless leg of lamb (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Additional salt and pepper
- If leg of lamb is tied, untie it. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, wine, oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme oregano, salt and pepper; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a small section of the sprig exposed. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove rosemary sprig. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Grilled Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p158
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marinated Grilled Lamb
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Lamb >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Lamb >
- Grilling Recipes >