Marinated Grilled Game Hens
An easy overnight marinade spiced with cinnamon and cumin adds wonderful flavor to these game hens. "My family enjoys them often during the grilling season," writes Marcia Bland of North Platte, Nebraska.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), halved
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil,
- garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper; add the hens. Seal bag and
- turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight,
- turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill hens, covered, over medium heat for
- 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.