Marinated Green Beans Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, ginger, five-spice powder and pepper. Pour over beans; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.