Marinated Garden Tomatoes Recipe
Tomatoes always come to mind when I think of ripe garden goodness. Bright, succulent slices star in the lively salad I served at our garden gathering. You can make this a day ahead since the tomatoes can marinate overnight. Sara Laker Loda, Illinois
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Garden Tomatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p37
Reviews for Marinated Garden Tomatoes(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2011
I make them with fresh tomatoes and peel them. Everyone loves them. great recipes
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
I make this often (though usually make half of it). It has become one of my old stand-by recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >