Tomatoes always come to mind when I think of ripe garden goodness. Bright, succulent slices star in the lively salad I served at our garden gathering. You can make this a day ahead since the tomatoes can marinate overnight. —Sara Laker Loda, Illinois
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Garden Tomatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p37
Reviews for Marinated Garden Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review