Sharing this mouthwatering vegetable medley, Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania assures, "The delicate flavor of the fresh green beans really comes through."—Patricia D Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the next six ingredients and shake well. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 cup dressing. Combine mushrooms and 2 tablespoons dressing in another bowl. Drain the beans; place in a bowl. Add remaining dressing. Chill the vegetables in their separate bowls for at least 1 hour. To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Garden Platter in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Marinated Garden Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
"This is an excellent recipe which I have prepared many times. I use 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms instead of 1/2 cup, to give the platter a balanced look. Makes a great picnic dish."