Marinated Garden Platter Recipe
Sharing this mouthwatering vegetable medley, Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania assures, "The delicate flavor of the fresh green beans really comes through."Patricia D Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the next six ingredients and shake well. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 cup dressing. Combine mushrooms and 2 tablespoons dressing in another bowl. Drain the beans; place in a bowl. Add remaining dressing. Chill the vegetables in their separate bowls for at least 1 hour. To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Garden Platter in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Marinated Garden Platter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
This is an excellent recipe which I have prepared many times. I use 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms instead of 1/2 cup, to give the platter a balanced look. Makes a great picnic dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >