Marinated Fresh Vegetables Recipe
This recipe has been in our family for several years. I like to make it for holidays when the whole clan gets together.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC