Marinated Flank Steak with Peppers Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and grated rind
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1. Place steak in a heavy plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients, whisking to blend. Pour marinade over steak; turn to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Grill steak and char peppers over hot heat. Cook steak about 10 minutes per side for medium doneness. Turn peppers until skins are charred and blackened; place peppers in paper sack, close and allow to steam for about 10 minutes. Remove skins; slice into strips and keep warm. Place steak on warm platter; let stand a few minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Marinated Flank Steak with Peppers
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.