Marinated Flank Steak with Peppers
My husband and I are beef eaters, and this dish is one we like for entertaining family and friends-it's easy to prepare and looks and tastes great. A simple marinade tenderizes the steak for grilling, and colored peppers charred alongside add spicy, smoky flavors and bright colors. It's a very pretty dish.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 beef flank steak, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and grated rind
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- Place steak in a heavy plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients,
- whisking to blend. Pour marinade over steak; turn to coat. Seal bag
- and refrigerate overnight. Grill steak and char peppers over hot
- heat. Cook steak about 10 minutes per side for medium doneness. Turn
- peppers until skins are charred and blackened; place peppers in
- paper sack, close and allow to steam for about 10 minutes. Remove
- skins; slice into strips and keep warm. Place steak on warm platter;
- let stand a few minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet