Marinated Flank Steak with Peppers Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and grated rind
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- Place steak in a heavy plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients, whisking to blend. Pour marinade over steak; turn to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Grill steak and char peppers over hot heat. Cook steak about 10 minutes per side for medium doneness. Turn peppers until skins are charred and blackened; place peppers in paper sack, close and allow to steam for about 10 minutes. Remove skins; slice into strips and keep warm. Place steak on warm platter; let stand a few minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now