These cucumber slices make a cool summer side dish dressed in a light, tangy vinegar and oil mixture seasoned with herbs. The refreshing salad is always a hit when served with cold sandwiches or grilled meat.
-Mary Helen Hinson, Lamberton, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 6 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers and onion. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and
- shake well. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.