- 6 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and shake well. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Cucumbers
"I never can understand why reviewers initially say they like the recipe but add that they changed most of the ingredients! We thought the exact spices made this cucumber salad the best we ever had!!"
"Thank you, Mary Helen Hinson, for this recipe! I prepared it 7/23/14! i did make adjustments with the ingredients and I used about 3/4 cup WHITE WINE vinegar, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. SPICY brown mustard, 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram, CRUSHED, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 large cucumbers, thinly sliced and 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced. I whisked the dressing together with a spoon and poured it over the cucumber mixture, tossing well to coat. I placed the cucumber mixture in a 2-1/2-qt. Corningware casserole dish with a lid and refrigerated it forthe 4 hours-even longer! I'd sampled the salad as I went along! It really tasted good-of course, the real proof is serving it. I'd also added 2 small tomatoes to the cucumber andonions which I'd quartered. It made for a colorful dish! This recipe is a keeper for me!delowenstein"
"Easy and good."
"This recipe is a family favorite. I use scallions sliced thin and add some thinly sliced green peppers and it's always a big hit. Great the next day too!"
"My family loves this recipe. My 11 year old son hated marinated cucumbers but loves them with this recipe!"