Marinated Cucumber Pasta Salad Recipe
The sweet-and-sour dressing in this recipe is a nice change of pace from more traditional varieties. My nursing supervisor shared the recipe with me...and I'm glad she did!—Sue Dorrance, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the mostaccioli, cucumber and onions.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the marinade ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC