The sweet-and-sour dressing in this recipe is a nice change of pace from more traditional varieties. My nursing supervisor shared the recipe with me...and I'm glad she did!—Sue Dorrance, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the mostaccioli, cucumber and onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the marinade ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Cucumber Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p232
Reviews for Marinated Cucumber Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review