Marinated Chuck Steak
You can turn an inexpensive cut of beef into a real treat with this easy marinade. It tenderizes and boosts the flavor. Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds boneless chuck steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.