Marinated Chicken Wings
I've made these nicely flavored chicken wings many times for get-togethers. They're so moist and tender—I always get lots of compliments and many requests for the recipe.—Janie Botting, Sultan, Washington
20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 3 hours
- 20 whole chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place in a
- large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk remaining
- ingredients until blended. Add to chicken; seal bag and turn to
- coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered,
- on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Using tongs, remove
- wings to a serving plate. Yield: 20 servings.
Editor's Note: To brown wings before serving, preheat broiler. Using tongs, remove wings from slow cooker to a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium,