Marinated Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices (1/2 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Spread mayonnaise over bottom of rolls; top with chicken, lettuce and cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 430 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken Sandwiches
"Absolutely loved by my family. I let it marinate for about 2-3 hours and broiled in the oven. I used crushed wheat sandwich rolls instead of the kaiser rolls."