Marinated Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Every bite of this grilled chicken is packed with flavor. The sweet brown sugar combines well with zesty mustard and ginger. Top the sandwich with any kind of cheese.—Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices (1/2 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Spread mayonnaise over bottom of rolls; top with chicken, lettuce and cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 430 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC