- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices (1/2 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Spread mayonnaise over bottom of rolls; top with chicken, lettuce and cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Chicken Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2005, p38
Reviews for Marinated Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2015
"Absolutely loved by my family. I let it marinate for about 2-3 hours and broiled in the oven. I used crushed wheat sandwich rolls instead of the kaiser rolls."