Marinated Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
Living in the Southwest, I've learned to create all sorts of Mexican dishes. This nicely spiced salad is one of my favorites. It's a winner with my luncheon guests. They appreciate the change of pace from typical cold chicken salad.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Tortillas, warmed, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine 4 tablespoons oil, lime juice, parsley, garlic, cumin and oregano. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet, saute onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken just begins to brown. Add the red pepper, chilies and reserved marinade; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Place lettuce on individual plates; top with chicken mixture, tomatoes and avocado. Serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken Fajita Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC