Marinated Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Tortillas, warmed, optional
- In a bowl, combine 4 tablespoons oil, lime juice, parsley, garlic, cumin and oregano. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet, saute onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken just begins to brown. Add the red pepper, chilies and reserved marinade; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Place lettuce on individual plates; top with chicken mixture, tomatoes and avocado. Serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Salad in Country Woman July/August 2001, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken Fajita Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >