Marinated Chicken & Zucchini Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soda, soy sauce and 1/4 cup oil. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Brush vegetables with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. On a greased grill, cook kabobs, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken & Zucchini Kabobs
"I really liked this recipe. it was super easy to make and had a nice tang to it. The veggies, even though, not added to the skew until 5 minutes until we cooked it picked up all the flavouring. I used Sprite Lemon-Lime Zero.I'm not sure why it's not a 5, it's just different.. would make again, but it's not a flavour you're expecting.. Maybe too much soy sauce?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.