Marinated Chicken & Zucchini Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soda, soy sauce and 1/4 cup oil. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Brush vegetables with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. On a greased grill, cook kabobs, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob: 224 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken & Zucchini Kabobs
"Loved this recipe! We're thinking about using teriyaki sauce next time instead of soy just to change it up. We did add mushrooms to the skewers as family loves mushrooms. Definitely a keeper!"
"I really liked this recipe. it was super easy to make and had a nice tang to it. The veggies, even though, not added to the skew until 5 minutes until we cooked it picked up all the flavouring. I used Sprite Lemon-Lime Zero.I'm not sure why it's not a 5, it's just different.. would make again, but it's not a flavour you're expecting.. Maybe too much soy sauce?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.