Marinated Cheese Recipe
This special appetizer always makes it to our neighborhood parties and is the first to disappear at the buffet table. It's attractive, delicious—and easy! —Laurie Casper, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) white cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toasted sliced French bread or assorted crackers
- 1. Slice each block of cheddar cheese into twenty 1/4-in. slices. Cut each block of cream cheese into 18 slices; sandwich between cheddar slices, using a knife to spread evenly. Create four 6-in.-long blocks of cheese; place in a 13x9-in. dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the roasted peppers, oil, vinegars, onions, herbs, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Drain excess marinade. Serve cheese with bread or crackers. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 ounce (calculated without crackers) equals 121 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC