- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) white cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toasted sliced French bread or assorted crackers
- Slice each block of cheddar cheese into twenty 1/4-in. slices. Cut each block of cream cheese into 18 slices; sandwich between cheddar slices, using a knife to spread evenly. Create four 6-in.-long blocks of cheese; place in a 13x9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the roasted peppers, oil, vinegars, onions, herbs, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Drain excess marinade. Serve cheese with bread or crackers. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Marinated Cheese
"Asolutely delicious! Works well with Wheat Thins or bacquette bread. I made the day before so it had plenty of time to marinade, a real hit at parties."
"My 11 year old daughter made this to bring to Christmas Eve dinner and got rave reviews 2 years in a row. Definitely takes some time to combine the cheeses and smooth out the "stacks", but well worth it!"
"Took this to a family reunion today. It was a big hit!! Just happened to have a copy of the recipe with me. People wanted it!"
"I heard about this recipe from a co-worker who brought it in to work. I tried it for a get together and it was gone quickly. Its so good you just can't walk to far from it without going back to get more. If you love cheese you gotta try this recipe! Yummy!"
"Excellent taste! I purchase my cheese from a stand at a farmers market. Every year for Christmas he cuts cheddar that has been aged for 25 years. I purchased extra which I also used in this recipe. This receipe is a keeper."