Marinated Cheese-Topped Salad Recipe
“A lovely vinaigrette coats this green salad that’s tossed with tomatoes, olives and marinated cream cheese ‘croutons.’ I freeze the cream cheese for 45 minutes or so to firm up. This makes it easier to cut into cubes.” —Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, chilled
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup medium pitted green olives
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes; toss with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top with marinated cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 342 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC