Marinated Cheese-Topped Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, chilled
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup medium pitted green olives
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes; toss with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top with marinated cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Cheese-Topped Salad
Sort By :
I am not a big salad eater, but I really liked this. My husband did, too, and our young children even took a few nibbles!
I substituted feta cheese for the cream cheese. The dressing on this salad was perfect. Took it to a family dinner and was even asked for the recipe :)
I took this salad to a luncheon. Everybody loved it and wanted the recipe.
I found this to be too greasy with 1/2 cup oil, and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar...... I would suggest less oil. also I would use feta cheese cubes not cream cheese croutons.....
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >