Marinated Cauliflower Salad Recipe
I often serve this as an appetizer alongside a meat and cheese tray. But it can also be a side dish. —Stephanie Hase, Lyons, Colorado
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, oil and water just to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, place next five ingredients in a large heatproof bowl. Add hot oil mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add carrot, onion, parsley and basil; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours longer. Discard bay leaf. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 58 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Cauliflower Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC