Marinated Cauliflower Salad Recipe
I often serve this as an appetizer alongside a meat and cheese tray. But it can also be a side dish. —Stephanie Hase, Lyons, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, oil and water just to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper and cauliflower in a large heat-proof bowl. Add hot oil mixture; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add the carrot, onion, parsley and basil; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Discard bay leaf. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 56 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC