—Shannon Emmanuel, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, onion and green pepper. In
- another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over carrot mixture and
- stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.