Marinated Carrots Recipe
—Shannon Emmanuel, Charlotte, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the carrots, onion and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over carrot mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC