- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, onion and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over carrot mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Carrots in Reminisce May/June 2006, p 50
Reviews for Marinated Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
MADE THIS FOR A POT LUCK AND EVERYONE LOVED IT. IT IS EASY TO MAKE BUT TASTES LIKE YOU SLAVED OVER IT. WILL BE MAKING IT MANY TIMES IN THE FUTURE