Marinated Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broccoli, carrots, onions, olive and pimientos. Add dressing and sugar; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Just before serving, transfer to a serving bowl; stir in walnuts if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 59 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable
Reviews for Marinated Broccoli Salad
"I have made this several times since it came out in the magazine years ago. Everyone that has tried it, including me, absolutely loved it!!! I was trying to find the recipe today and couldn't find my copy of the magazine. I am so happy that I found the recipe here. Thank you Taste of Home!"
"One more thing, I ended up adding some leftover feta which gave it a little more "pop"."
"This was ok, but not fabulous. I would make it again though, since it was easy and a good way to get some extra vegis."