- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broccoli, carrots, onions, olive and pimientos. Add dressing and sugar; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Just before serving, transfer to a serving bowl; stir in walnuts if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Broccoli Salad
"I have made this several times since it came out in the magazine years ago. Everyone that has tried it, including me, absolutely loved it!!! I was trying to find the recipe today and couldn't find my copy of the magazine. I am so happy that I found the recipe here. Thank you Taste of Home!"
"One more thing, I ended up adding some leftover feta which gave it a little more "pop"."
"This was ok, but not fabulous. I would make it again though, since it was easy and a good way to get some extra vegis."