Martha Smith relies on bottled salad dressing to flavor this crunchy veggie combination. "A bowlful makes a nice presentation at the table," promises the Rockledge, Georgia cook. "You're the only person who has to know how simple it is to make!"
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broccoli, carrots, onions, olive and pimientos. Add dressing and sugar; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Just before serving, transfer to a serving bowl; stir in walnuts if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Broccoli Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p39
Reviews for Marinated Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review