Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana offers this festive side dish that’s ideal for holiday dinners.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. In a small bowl, combine broccoli and red pepper; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Broccoli in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p8
Reviews for Marinated Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Fantastic, simple salad. Perfect portion for just me since I'm the only one in the household that likes broccoli."