Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana offers this festive side dish that’s ideal for holiday dinners.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. In a small bowl, combine broccoli and red pepper; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Broccoli in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p8
Reviews for Marinated Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Fantastic, simple salad. Perfect portion for just me since I'm the only one in the household that likes broccoli."