Marinated Beef Tenderloins
From Karen Haskell of Tempe, Arizona, these steaks have fabulous flavor sure to impress guests. “These will melt in your mouth,” she writes. “Guaranteed!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 3/4 cup
- for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic
- bag; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat
- for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°), basting with reserved marinade.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.