- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add bay leaf and tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 55-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting often with reserved marinade. let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Beef Tenderloin
"Loved it and yes it did melt in your mouth."
"I made this for a party last night and everyone said it was the best! I used Worchester sauce instead of soy."
"This was a winner! I did not have soy sauce, so I used Worchester sauce instead. Also, I forgot to put the bay leaf in the bag. But it came out great! I covered the roast for the first half hour and then cooked remaining time uncovered. This was a big hit!!! Very tender and tasty!"
"My husband and his Dad enjoy hunting. I used a venison loin for this recipe."
"Melt in your mouth delicious! This is the only recipe that I will use from now on."
"I marinated 4 individual tenderloin filets over night and put them on the charcoal grill. They were delicious! I might cut the recipe in 1/2 next time as this makes a lot, which just gets tossed. I did save 1 cup as recommended and will use again in a few days with other beef entree."
"This is a keeper."
"Made this last year for Christmas and everyone raved about it.I'm planning on doing again this year.Great recipe!"
"I marinated the tenderloin for a full 24 hours. I baked it just to medium rare and it melted in my mouth!! Absolutely wonderful flavor. I will definitely make this as a holiday treat!!!"