Marinated Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red peppers
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine, 4 tablespoons oil, chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt, ginger and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, zucchini, carrot and peppers in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Stir-fry beef for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to the pan; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
Reviews for Marinated Beef Stir-Fry
"I thought this was just okay. I let the meat marinate for at least 24 hours for more flavor; it just seemed like it was lacking something (probably needed a good sauce)."
"I made this for my husband and his mom...They LOVED it!! Great Recipe!! :)"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.