Marinated Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
"I love this quick-and-easy stir-fry because everything but the cooking can be done in advance," writes Marian Johnson of Brawley, California. "It's great with sourdough bread and a fresh tomato and cucumber salad. Or, serve it with warm tortillas and hot sauce. The meat is easier to slice into nice even strips if it's partially frozen."
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red peppers
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine, 4 tablespoons oil, chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt, ginger and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, zucchini, carrot and peppers in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Stir-fry beef for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to the pan; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Beef Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2012
"I made this for my husband and his mom...They LOVED it!! Great Recipe!! :)"