Marinated Beef Sandwiches
This recipe from my sister-in-law is especially good when entertaining for New Year's and football games. No one walks away hungry after eating one of these hearty sandwiches. Elizabeth Stoddart, West Lafayette, Indiana
12-14 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 small onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 pounds)
- 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- overnight, turning occasionally.
- Transfer roast and marinade to a Dutch oven. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Thinly slice;
- serve beef and juice on rolls. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 404 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.