Marinated Beef on Buns Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Combine water and reserved marinade; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns. Skim fat from pan juices; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Beef on Buns in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marinated Beef on Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >