Marinated Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 small navel orange
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 8 medium green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Grate orange peel; remove remaining peel and pith. Separate orange into segments. In a bowl, combine grated peel, orange juice, teriyaki sauce, mustard, honey, garlic and pepper. Cut beef into 1-in. cubes; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add oranges, mushrooms, onions and half of marinade. Seal bag; refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, oranges and vegetables. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender, turning often.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over kabobs and rice. Yield: 2 servings.
2 kabobs with 1/4 cup sauce and 1 cup rice equals 503 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Beef Kabobs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.